Feb. 24, 2007
Tulsa, Okla. - The University of Tulsa men's tennis team (7-2) earned its second straight win over an SEC opponent by earning a 4-3 win over No. 38 Auburn on Saturday night at the Michael D. Case Tennis Center.
Ricardo Soriano came from behind to clinch the match with a 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4 win over the Tiger's Milan Kirnjetin at the four position.
TU took the doubles point, and a 1-0 lead, after Arnau Brugues and Federico Soriano defeated Robert Lathouwers and Lukas Marsoun 8-4, followed by an 8-5 win by Andy Connelly and Lucques Maasdorp over AU's Alexey Tsyrenov and Krnjetin.
Auburn evened the score when Tsyrenov handed Federico Soriano a 6-1, 6-2 loss, and extended the lead to 2-1 behind Lathouwers' 6-1, 6-1 win over Will Gray at the two spot.
Brugues brought TU back to even after a win by injury default after building a 6-4, 2-1 lead.
The Golden Hurricane moved ahead when Diego Camacho took a 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 decision, but AU once again knotted the score when Powel Dilaj defeated Ross Cunningham 3-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4, setting up Ricardo Soriano's final match heroics.
Tulsa will be back in action on February 27 when it hits the road for the first time this season to face the No. 1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs in Athens, Ga.
Tennis Match Results
Auburn vs Tulsa
2/24/2007 at Tulsa, Okla.
#23 Tulsa 4, #38 Auburn 3
1. #2 Arnau Brugues (TLS) def. Alex Schweizer (AU) 6-4, 2-1, 0-99
2. Robert Lathouwers (AU) def. Will Gray (TLS) 6-1, 6-1
3. Alexey Tsyrenov (AU) def. Federico Soriano (TLS) 6-1, 6-2
4. Ricardo Soriano (TLS) def. Milan Krnjetin (AU) 4-6, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
5. Diego Camacho (TLS) def. Lukas Marsoun (AU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
6. Powel Dilaj (AU) def. Ross Cunningham (TLS) 3-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
1. Arnau Brugues/Federico Soriano (TLS) def.
Robert Lathouwers/Lukas Marsoun (AU) 8-4
2. Alex Schweizer/Terence Nugent (AU) def.
Diego Camacho/Ross Cunningham (TLS) 8-4
3. Andy Connelly/Lucques Maasdorp (TLS) def.
Alexey Tsyrenov/Milan Krnjetin (AU) 8-5
Auburn 6-1; National ranking #38
Tulsa 7-2; National ranking #23
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (3,2,1,5,6,4)