June 29, 2012
HATTIESBURG, Miss. - The Southern Miss football program, in conjunction with Forrest General Hospital, is putting on a Football 101: Chalk Talk for Ladies Clinic, Thursday, July 19, from 6-9 p.m., in the Touchdown Terrace of Carlisle-Faulkner Field at Roberts Stadium.
Female fans will get a chance to learn about the game of football from Southern Miss coach Ellis Johnson. In addition, Fran Ginn, chef and owner of the Back Door Cafe, will provide valuable tips for creating a winning tailgate presentation. The Southern Miss cheerleaders and mascot, Seymour, will also be in attendance.
Other activities during the evening include:
- A fashion show will take place courtesy of McB's
- Enjoy a delicious dinner and the ability to purchase unique Southern Miss merchandise and gifts
- Have a photo taken with Coach Johnson
- Receive a free T-shirt
- Get the opportunity to experience first-hand what Golden Eagles players do on game day by running through the tunnel with the fog and be shown on the jumbotron like the beginning of every game at "The Rock."
- Door prizes available all throughout the evening.
Cost to attend is $25 for Spirit of Women and Eagle Club members or $35 for non-members. Limited space is available. If you register by July 10 you will receive a free signed photo of coach Johnson. To register or for more information, call 601-268-4968. Visa and Mastercard accepted.