Dec. 5, 2012
East Carolina head coach Jeff Lebo registered his 250th career win as the Pirates defeated St. Andrews, 111-59. ECU improved to 5-0 at home, while Tulane moved to 7-0 in games at the Devlin Fieldhouse with a 65-48 victory over Nicholls State. Houston also picked up a 54-48 road win at in-state foe TCU. Southern Miss was on the road and held a 35-27 lead over host No. 8 Arizona at the half, but the Golden Eagles were unable to hand Arizona its first loss of the season and dropped a 63-55 decision. Southern Miss stayed close all night despite playing without leading scorer Dwayne Davis, who was out with the flu.
Complete C-USA Standings and Results
C-USA Season Statistics
East Carolina 111, St. Andrews 59
Tulane 65, Nicholls State 48
Houston 54, TCU 48
(8) Arizona 63, Southern Miss 55
C-USA MEN'S BASKETBALL SHOOTING STARS
- East Carolina head coach Jeff Lebo registered his 250th career win as the Pirates defeated St. Andrews, 111-59. Junior G Akeem Richmond (Sanford, N.C.) and senior G Shamarr Bowden (Greensboro, N.C.) came off the bench to score a team-high 15 points apiece.
- Southern Miss held a 35-27 edge over No. 8 Arizona at the half. However, the Golden Eagles were unable to hand the Wildcats their first loss of the season and dropped a 63-55 decision to their host. Junior G Neil Watson (Kansas City, Kan.) and Michael Craig (Phoenix, Ariz.) combined for 27 points with 17 and 10, respectively. Southern Miss was without the services of leading scorer Dwayne Davis (Philadelphia, Pa.), who had the flu.
- Houston jumped out to a 12-1 start and held on for a 54-48 victory over host TCU. Sophomore TaShawn Thomas (Killeen, Texas) registered his fifth double-double of the season and his 14th of his young career with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Classmate Joseph Young (Houston, Texas) added 12 points.
- Tulane senior Jordan Callahan (Marietta, Ga.) registered his 1,000th career point as the Green Wave defeated Nicholls State, 65-48, to remain a perfect 7-0 in Devlin Fieldhouse this season. Callahan became the 33rd player in Tulane history to reach the milestone when he hit a running jumper in the lane with 12:50 left in the first half to collect his eighth point of the game. He finished with a game-high 16 points.
- Sophomore F Tre Drye (Baton Rouge, La.) grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds to go with nine points off the bench, just missing his first double-double. He scored seven of his nine points in the second half to help Tulane pull away with the victory.
Wednesday, December 5
Ohio at (RV) Memphis (CBSSN) - 6:00p
Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic, Charleston, W.Va.
Marshall vs. West Virginia (CCN) - 6:30p
UAB at Middle Tennessee - 7:00p
Missouri State at Tulsa (C-USADN) - 7:05p
All times Central.
2012-13 C-USA Men's Basketball Fact Book
More information on your favorite team can also be found on the school web sites:
East Carolina | Houston | Marshall | Memphis | Rice | SMU | Southern Miss | Tulane | Tulsa | UAB | UCF | UTEP