ABOUT CONFERENCE USA BASEBALL
CONFERENCE USA BASEBALL SCHOOLS
- Conference USA will field 13 teams in 2014, the largest alignment in the league's 19-year history: Charlotte, East Carolina, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB, UTSA.
- Conference USA has been ranked as the No. 5 baseball conference in the RPI in all but one season since 2006.
- C-USA has placed at least four teams in the NCAA Championship nine times in the past 12 years, producing five teams on two occasions.
- Rice made its 19th consecutive NCAA Regional appearance in 2013, the fourth-longest active streak in the nation.
- Three 2014 members of C-USA participated in the 2013 NCAA Championship (Florida Atlantic, Rice, UTSA), with Rice advancing to the Super Regionals.
- Five 2014 members of C-USA (Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, Rice, Southern Miss and UTSA) won at least a share of a conference championship in 2013.
- Rice spent the entire 2013 season nationally ranked and was joined by Florida Atlantic in the final rankings.
- Rice and Florida Atlantic each finished in the top 26 of the final RPI rankings.
- Eight current Conference USA teams won at least one game against a nationally ranked opponent during the 2013 season.
- Current C-USA teams posted a total of 22 wins over nationally ranked, non-conference opponents during the regular season, including six against top 10 foes.
- Among the NCAA top 50 RPI teams that C-USA defeated in 2013 were: No. 1 North Carolina (Florida Atlantic), No. 2 Vanderbilt (Middle Tennessee), No. 11 Oregon (Rice), No. 18 South Alabama (Florida Atlantic), No. 19 Miami-Fla. (Florida Atlantic), No. 21 Mississippi (Southern Miss), No. 23 Louisiana-Lafayette (FIU, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee, Southern Miss, Tulane), No. 29 Alabama (Tulane, UAB), No. 31 Nebraska (Louisiana Tech), No. 34 William & Mary (Old Dominion), No. 35 Troy (UAB), No. 41 Sam Houston State (Tulane), No. 48 Central Arkansas (Southern Miss) and No. 50 San Francisco (Rice).
- Four different Conference USA players were honored as 2013 All-Americans, including East Carolina junior UT Drew Reynolds, Florida Atlantic senior RHP Hugh Adams, Rice junior RHP Austin Kubitza and Rice sophomore RHP Zech Lemond.
- Five C-USA players earned 2013 Freshman All-American honors, including Charlotte C Brett Lang, East Carolina RHP David Lucroy, FIU SS Edwin Rios, Rice UT Blake Fox and Tulane RHP Ian Gibaut.
- Conference USA had two players that earned National Player of the Week honors in 2013: Marshall RHP Aaron Blair and Old Dominion OF Ben Verlander.
- Four Conference USA schools (Rice, Southern Miss, East Carolina, Tulane) ranked among the top 31 nationally in average home attendance. All four averaged at least 2,100 fans per game.
- Five 2013 players and five 2013 teams ranked among the top 10 national leaders in the final 2013 NCAA statistics. Southern Miss led the nation in double plays per game.
- Conference USA had 23 players chosen in the June Major League Baseball Draft. Eight of the nine 2013 C-USA schools had at least one player selected.
- The league had 24 games televised nationally or regionally in 2013.
- Twelve players from 2013 C-USA schools appeared on the 2013 opening day rosters of Major League Baseball teams.
The nine schools that currently comprise Conference USA Baseball have enjoyed a great deal of success. Here are some of their accomplishments:
- 12 College World Series Appearances
- 2003 National Champions - Rice
- At least one College World Series team in five of the last nine seasons and nine out of 14.
- 135 NCAA Appearances (74 since 1995)
- Six National Players of the Year since 1995
- Seven National Freshmen of the Year since 1995
- 133 All-Americans since 1995
- Schools have combined to win 40 or more games 60 times in the last 15 years
- Has had a team ranked No. 1 in the nation in four of the last nine regular seasons
Shop Now at the Official Online Store