Conference USA Office, Irving, Texas
Digital Media Coordinator
Basic Function: This entry level position is responsible for the execution of an aggressive content development and distribution plan for Conference USA and its members. Candidate is expected to be proficient in video editing with experience on camera and can provide samples of both. A basic knowledge of all Conference USA sponsored sports is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help identify and communicate Conference USA messages and stories through the web site, television and social media platforms
- Fully produce digital content, including short-form and long-form features, that can be distributed on multiple platforms, including broadcast-quality programming for C-USA's Weekly television show, C-USA Showcase, and C-USA television partners
- Research and write scripts for a 30-minute television show C-USA Showcase
- Host of C-USA Digital Network feature programming and C-USA Showcase and have the ability to work without a teleprompter
- Demonstrate proficiency in editing video into packages using Adobe Premiere with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite in addition to working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work with media/marketing/promotions group to develop and implement ideas to promote the Conference, its members and its corporate partners on all social networking platforms
- Extensive travel throughout the year. This individual will need to be an accountable traveler, sticking to schedules set in advance, while transporting approximately 30 lbs of camera equipment.
- Display knowledge of lighting, set up, camera function and audio levels for solo video shoots while on the road
- Archive and maintain video elements for the site, especially following remote visits
- Assist with day-to-day posting of video content on multiple platforms as stand alone or as support to Conference news
- Develop relationships with member schools' athletics communications and video staffs, as well as with television partners
- Work jointly with C-USA Digital Network Staff to develop and maintain a video production manual for member institutions to follow for all team sports that outlines C-USA video standards and guidelines, staying current with industry standards
- Contribute to special promotions and social media efforts
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Conference USA is accepting applications for a Communications Intern for the 2015-16 season. This 10-month internship begins August 1, 2015. Located in Irving, Texas, C-USA is a 14-member Division I-A Conference that sponsors championships in 19 sports.
The communications intern will serve as a day-to-day contact for at least two sports per season. In addition to regular updates of results and statistics for each sport, the intern would be responsible for keeping news items fresh on the website and through social media. They may also be called upon to serve as the media coordinator for select championships and help coordinate the publicity of the Conference USA academic and community outreach programs. This internship is also designed to expose the individual to a variety of aspects of Conference operations, which may include championships and sports services, compliance, marketing and general administration. Other duties, responsibilities and special projects may be assigned in these areas as well.
Besides an eagerness to learn, the qualified candidate should have experience in some area of college athletics, preferably sports information. The candidate should also be able to work independently, show initiative and meet established goals and deadlines. They should also possess strong organizational, interpersonal and computer skills.
This position pays $1,300 per month. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and three references to: Human Resources, Conference USA, 5201 N. O'Connor Blvd - Suite 300, Irving, TX 75039 or E-mail to email@example.com. Please include "Communications Internship" in your subject line.
Job Opportunities at Member Schools
There are currently no job openings at Member Schools. Thanks for your interest and please continue to check back here.